1. It helps to review business strategy in line with new requirements
2. It helps to be alert on changes happening around us.
3. It helps to prepare ourselves for forthcoming changes
4. It keeps us relevant and contributive in changing times
1. Counter arguments on new proposed plan
2. Doubts on its success in existing weak market condition
3. Lack of skilled manpower for execution of new job
4. Initial higher cost as plan proposed is new and it will take sometime to reach optimal economies of scale
1. Upon transfer from Pipelines to Refinery Division, I smoothly gained knowledge and confidence with seniors without avoiding or getting anxious with responsibility.
2. When subordinate did not apologized for his insubordination, I discussed and tried to understand his perspective and make him too understand how his behaviour was rude and dis-resoectful.
3. Once I was told to present targets for the year without prior intimation, I quickly geared up and successfully presented.
To enhance adaptive skill is by remaining informed of what is going around so that we are not caught off guard at any time.
I would share my adaptive skill of marrying in a different culture and successfully living. Then adaptive to different work environment. Then adaptive to different jobs
1. Review operational targets
2. Add new products and services
3. Review capital expenditures
4 Communicate changes across the ladder in the organisation
5. Adopt changes in how we work, like WFH
6. Enhance digitalization to change threat into opportunity
1 To be aware of the inter-play of external and internal factors involved in the decision
2. To to aware how the decision will affect different stakeholders
3. To consult subject experts to gather different perspective on the matter to be decided
An entrepreneur who has faith in him/ herself, his/her dreams and is resilient to achieve his/ her potential.. 1. Self belief 2. Risk taking 3. Sincerely try even after multiple failure
I would give my life experience of resilience when I changed from Pipelines division to Refinery division after 18 years of service in Pipelines - i faced many problems but tried to learn from each setback and improve as a leader.
Foremost, Tom interrupted Melinda from stating her requirements of what type of apartment she is interested. Tom was too quick to offer options without seeking details which may affect their choice.
1. Seek clarification to deepen the understanding
2. Paraphrase to address areas of disagreement and then seek their rationale behind the same.
3. In the end summarise the essence of the talk
1. I would use my own story to share how I failed to convince my children and then how I learnt the technique to make them use their time usefully.
2. In office I learnt how to manage delay in work from subordinates in a positive way rather than seeking clarification for delay of work. Through positive reinforcement.
I would teach this skill of understanding non verbal cues by making them see non-verbal role play related videos and ask them to identify non verbal behaviour to understand their meaning and how best these can be managed.
Self regulation helps to keep yourself in control and ease your life
Self management is about doing what you need to do to bring the desired outcome
Bernard should appraise the management about his assessment of Janine and others in his team. Then leave it to management to review their decision or not. Henceforth, Bernatd should make it a point to regularly update management regarding progress of his team's work and subtly mention each team members contribution.
My company resolves conflict by calling both parties for mutual discussion and then objectively hear each persons grievance, then tell where each ones beliefs values and assumptions are going wrong. Thereafter, remove misunderstanding, and resolve.
The company can help people to asses conflicts early on and take so moto effort to resolve before it becomes a big conflict.
I would use role play and then ask the person to talk to the person and understand his/her perspective and share his/her perspective to the other person and bring clarity to the situation without being judgemental.
1. Have your own target higher than required
2. Define key performance indicators
3. Make 3 key weekly goals to achieve
1. You become more focused
2. You define smaller goals to achieve bigger goals
3. You can tap your full potential
4. You use time efficiently
Weekly basis. This helps to maintain track of work and focus on achiveing important goals.
Goals energizes me to move towards it and gather all my resources to perform to the best of my potential.
I maintain a dairy where I pen down my immediate goals and long term goals. This is revised every week so that completed task are removed and new task added. This ensures that we are on track of our broader goals and vision.
1. Breakup of overhead cost
2. Comparision of overhead cost with previous years and reasons for increase
3. Which overhead cost can be reduced without hampering the sales
4. Any suggestion to reduce overhead cost
Issue: Insubordination by junior officer, bad interpersonal relationship
Step 1: Problem identify- Lack of respect, misunderstanding
Step 2: Possible solution- counsel one to one; or counsel through a senior so that each of our beliefs and values are validated objectively by a third more experienced person
Step 3: Gather all relevant issues - Comprehend your thoughts, beliefs and values to be addressed and discussed to improve interpersonal relationship
Step 4: Action - Hold meeting with senior to clear mis-understanding and clear wrong beliefs and values
Step 5: Monitor action - Take stock of interpersonal relationship so that the same is sustained a good level.
I would role play and made the person act out the problem, this will lead him/her to themselves arrive at the path to the solution. I believe that reflection from a distance on any problem and seeing from different perspectives help to find a workable solution.
Talk Show Videos
Shilpi Mohanty does not have any talk show recordings available
Mentors In Your Talk Show
Access our catalogue
Enter your email ID to download our Complete Catalogue